We are only able to provide the services we offer because of our team of enthusiastic volunteers and we were very proud to win the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service in 2018.
We are always looking for more people to help out as volunteers move on or new services and needs develop.
We are currently (August 2019) looking for:
- A volunteer Event Coordinator – for future coffee mornings, Garden Party, Christmas Auction and perhaps other fundraising efforts along these lines. Maybe six events a year to lead on, with support from staff, clients and other volunteers.
- People to be on standby to do shifts in the kitchen at short notice. We have a really great team now but the new kitchen is so big that it’s really hard work when the team is suddenly short by one or two due to winter illness or any other unpredictable happening.
- People to lead Wednesday Workshop sessions on a Wednesday morning (between 10 and 12). See our Skills Café page for more information about the kind of things we do from music-making to origami and food hygiene to tall fishing tales.
- Volunteers to help with our new garden: hands-on regular help and also experienced gardeners needed to give ongoing advice.
- A hairdresser/barber who can come along to Manna House on a monthly basis, ideally on a Friday, to offer free haircuts for our clients.
If any of these roles appeal to you please get in touch with our Volunteer Coordinator, Anna, by emailing email@example.com or calling 01539 725534.
Volunteers also help us week in, week out, with a range of tasks such as:
- Property maintenance
- Fundraising activities
- Teaching life skills (budgeting, hygiene, housekeeping etc.)
- Helping clients with computing (IT) skills.
Winter Shelter 2nd December 2019-1st March 2020
Its September again and we’re back to work on the Winter Shelter! We’re working with 6 different churches and lots of volunteers from around Kendal to provide a bed and some hot food for the night during the winter months.
We’re currently calling for volunteers and helpers, could you be part of a team? We particularly need people who can stay overnight. Could you help Penny with some office admin?
We are also in need of your financial support, particularly for food- you can donate online at justgiving.com/mannahouse or pop in to see us.
If you would like to explore the possibility of volunteering at Manna House or need further information please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01539 725534. Or, if you know you’d like to volunteer with us already, just click here to download a volunteer application form and post, email or drop it in.