We are only able to provide the services we offer because of our team of enthusiastic volunteers and we were very proud to win the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service in 2018.
We are always looking for more people to help out as volunteers move on or new services and needs develop.
We are currently looking for:
- A volunteer Event Coordinator – for future coffee mornings, Garden Party, Christmas Auction and perhaps other fundraising efforts along these lines. Maybe six events a year to lead on, with support from staff, clients and other volunteers.
- Anyone with access to a van for moving clients into new premises as necessary, and people happy to join a new-home team to help with moving furniture and minor DIY to help them settle in quickly to often pretty spartan accommodation. We often need to move people in at short notice and having a team standing by would make things so much easier.
- A volunteer to help us with building maintenance in the future, now that our longstanding maintenance hero is moving on and the builders are finally out of the new building. Even new buildings have things needing someone’s practical DIY skills from time to time!
- People to be on standby to do shifts in the kitchen at short notice. We have a really great team now but the new kitchen is so big that it’s really hard work when the team is suddenly short by one or two due to winter illness or any other unpredictable happening.
- People to lead Wednesday Workshop sessions on a Wednesday morning (between 10 and 12). See our Skills Café page for more information about the kind of things we do from music-making to origami and food hygiene to tall fishing tales.
If any of these roles appeal to you please get in touch with our Volunteer Coordinator, Lois, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01539 725534.
Volunteers also help us week in, week out, with a range of tasks such as:
- Property maintenance
- Fundraising activities
- Teaching life skills (budgeting, hygiene, housekeeping etc.)
- Helping clients with computing (IT) skills.
If you would like to explore the possibility of volunteering at Manna House or need further information please contact us on email@example.com or call 01539 725534. Or, if you know you’d like to volunteer with us already, just click here to download a volunteer application form and post, email or drop it in.