Housing & Benefits Advice
Manna House has long provided housing and benefits advice as part of its core service.
Angela Powis is our Client Support and Benefits Advisor, Lesley Campbell is our Housing Advisor and Penny Severn is our Outreach & Development Officer. All three have a wealth of experience working with issues of homelessness and they bring a warmth and vitality to the work which immediately puts clients at ease.
We provide advice every Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday (from 10am to 3pm) at our Drop In session at Castle Lodge, Aynam Road, Kendal. At other times you are welcome to phone for an appointment 01539 725534, or knock on the door and ask to speak to a member of staff when we are open if it is urgent.
We can help with things like:
- Homeless applications to South Lakes District Council
- Getting the right benefits
- Advice and support to appeal housing and benefit decisions
- Applications to the Tenancy Deposit Guarantee Scheme (DiGS)
- Use of the internet to search for accommodation
- Support and information to deal with any landlord issues
Or we can refer or signpost you to other agencies in the South Lakes who may be best placed to help you; they may even be able to meet you at Manna House if this feels more comfortable.
“Manna House gave me fantastic advice and such a warm welcome.” – a housing and benefits advice client