We are only able to provide the services we offer because of our team of enthusiastic volunteers and we are always looking for more people to help out as volunteers move on or new services and needs develop.
We are currently looking for:
- Lots of help – offering stalls, games, music and much more – for our Garden Party on Saturday 14 July on Gooseholme in Kendal.
- An administrative volunteer to help manage membership lists and mailings for the Friends of Manna House, a vital source of income for our work. Someone who can occasionally be available on a Wednesday or Friday morning for meetings with the Coordinator would be desirable, but most of the work can be done from home on your computer. A full postal mailing goes out once a year to all members and the Manna House newsletter, Update, is sent out quarterly, by post or email.
- New trustees for the Manna House board. There will be an open day for anyone who’s interested in applying on Monday 9 July and the deadline is Friday 27 July. Read all about it here.
- Volunteer drivers to take clients to appointments in Lancaster, wait and bring them back or people able to accompany them on public transport. Some money can be reclaimed for fuel if you are happy to drive. You do need to have a current DBS check but we can get one for you.
- People to lead Skills Café sessions on a Wednesday morning (between 10 and 12). See our Skills Café page for more information about the kind of things we do from music-making to origami and food hygiene to tall fishing tales.
- A team of drop-in and reception volunteers to welcome visitors from Monday to Friday when we move to our new premises on Ann Street in the autumn. There will be a half-day training session on Thursday 13 September at the Stephenson Centre.
If any of these roles appeal to you please get in touch with our Volunteer Coordinator, Lois, by emailing email@example.com or calling 01539 725534.
Volunteers also help us week in, week out, with a range of tasks such as:
- Property maintenance
- Fundraising activities
- Teaching life skills (budgeting, hygiene, housekeeping etc.)
- Helping clients with computing (IT) skills.
If you would like to explore the possibility of volunteering at Manna House or need further information please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01539 725534. Or, if you know you’d like to volunteer with us already, just click here to download a volunteer application form and post, email or drop it in.