We are only able to provide the services we offer because of our team of enthusiastic volunteers and we are always looking for more people to help out as volunteers move on or new services and needs develop.
This month we are particularly looking for:
- Bucketeers (to shake buckets and collect money) at the Birdcage during the week beginning Monday 22 January – not sure which day yet exactly. Any slot from one hour to all day gratefully received. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- People to help with our Coffee Morning on Saturday 27 January at the Town Hall in aid of work on our new premises – baking, serving, selling… Contact email@example.com
and on a regular basis:
- Someone to manage the provision of a two-course hot lunch for clients at our drop-in on Fridays (between 10am and 2pm), with volunteers or clients to help prep, serve and clear up. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer drivers to take clients to appointments in Lancaster, wait and bring them back or people able to accompany them on public transport. Some money can be reclaimed for fuel if you are happy to drive. Contact email@example.com
- People to help support clients with their budgets at our drop-in sessions on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Fridays. Our Housing and Benefit Advisors can get caught up in helping people sort day to day financial management problems out and it would be great to have some help with this – only during drop-in hours, 10am to 3pm.
- People to lead Skills Cafe sessions on a Wednesday morning (between 10 and 12). See our Skills Cafe page for more information about the kind of things we do.
If any of these roles appeal to you please get in touch to the contacts given above, or with our Volunteer Coordinator, Lois, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01539 725534 for more information.
Volunteers also help us week in, week out, with a range of tasks such as:
- Property maintenance
- Fundraising activities
- Teaching life skills (budgeting, hygiene, housekeeping etc.)
- Helping clients with computing (IT) skills.
If you would like to explore the possibility of volunteering at Manna House or need further information please contact us on email@example.com or call 01539 725534. Or, if you know you’d like to volunteer with us already, just click here to download a volunteer application form and post, email or drop it in.