We are only able to provide the services we offer because of our team of enthusiastic volunteers and we are always looking for more people to help out as volunteers move on or new services and needs develop.
We are currently looking for:
- Someone to take the lead in our kitchen on Fridays, when Nela and Clare are working elsewhere. There is a regular team of volunteers to help with prep, serving and clearing up so it’s a matter of planning a meal and taking responsibility, from 10am onwards. We are having a Kitchen Crew Away Day on 16 August at our new premises so now’s a perfect time to join the team!
- People to lead Skills Café sessions on a Wednesday morning (between 10 and 12). See our Skills Café page for more information about the kind of things we do from music-making to origami and food hygiene to tall fishing tales.
- A team of drop-in and reception volunteers to welcome visitors from Monday to Friday when we move to our new premises on Ann Street in the autumn. There will be a half-day training session on Thursday 13 September at the Stephenson Centre.
- Overnight volunteers for the Winter Shelter (from 19 November to 10 March, about once a fortnight). See our Winter Shelter page for more information.
If any of these roles appeal to you please get in touch with our Volunteer Coordinator, Lois, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01539 725534.
Volunteers also help us week in, week out, with a range of tasks such as:
- Property maintenance
- Fundraising activities
- Teaching life skills (budgeting, hygiene, housekeeping etc.)
- Helping clients with computing (IT) skills.
If you would like to explore the possibility of volunteering at Manna House or need further information please contact us on email@example.com or call 01539 725534. Or, if you know you’d like to volunteer with us already, just click here to download a volunteer application form and post, email or drop it in.