We are only able to provide the services we offer because of our team of enthusiastic volunteers and we are always looking for more people to help out as volunteers move on or new services and needs develop.
We are currently looking for:
- People who can help us move the Winter Shelter and Clothing Store across from Castle Lodge to Ann Street on Saturday 13 October. If you’re free that day, and are willing to lend a hand for a couple of hours, please get in touch. You don’t need to have a car but you do need to be able to lift and carry boxes.
- New drop-in and reception volunteers to welcome visitors from Monday to Friday when we move to our new premises on Ann Street in October. There’ll be lots more ways for drop-in volunteers to support our clients in the new building and we’re holding a half-day training session on Thursday 13 September at Castle Lodge so now’s a great time to join the team.
- Anyone with access to a van for moving clients into new premises as necessary, and people happy to join a new-home team to help with moving furniture and minor DIY to help them settle in quickly to often pretty spartan accommodation. We often need to move people in at short notice and having a team standing by would make things so much easier.
- Overnight volunteers for the Winter Shelter (from 19 November to 10 March, about once a fortnight). See our Winter Shelter page for more information.
- Someone to take the lead in our kitchen on Fridays, when Nela and Clare are working elsewhere. There is a regular team of volunteers to help with prep, serving and clearing up so it’s a matter of planning a meal and taking responsibility, from 10am onwards.
- People to lead Skills Café sessions on a Wednesday morning (between 10 and 12). See our Skills Café page for more information about the kind of things we do from music-making to origami and food hygiene to tall fishing tales.
If any of these roles appeal to you please get in touch with our Volunteer Coordinator, Lois, by emailing email@example.com or calling 01539 725534.
Volunteers also help us week in, week out, with a range of tasks such as:
- Property maintenance
- Fundraising activities
- Teaching life skills (budgeting, hygiene, housekeeping etc.)
- Helping clients with computing (IT) skills.
If you would like to explore the possibility of volunteering at Manna House or need further information please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01539 725534. Or, if you know you’d like to volunteer with us already, just click here to download a volunteer application form and post, email or drop it in.