Housing & Benefits Advice
Manna House has long provided housing and benefits advice as part of its core service.
Angela Powis is our Client Support and Benefits Advisor and Penny Severn is our Outreach & Development Officer, who is on maternity leave until 2017. Lesley Campbell is providing maternity cover and is our Housing Advisor until then. All three have a wealth of experience working with issues of homelessness and they bring warmth and vitality to the work, which immediately puts clients at ease.
We provide advice every Tuesday, Wednesday and Fridays (10am – 3pm) at our Drop In session at Castle Lodge, Aynam Rd. At other times you are welcome to phone for an appointment 01539 725534, or to speak to a member of staff if it is urgent.
We can help with things like:
- Homeless Applications to South Lakes District Council
- Getting the right benefits
- Advice and support to appeal housing and benefit decisions
- Applications to the Tenancy Deposit Guarantee Scheme (DiGS)
- Use of the internet to search for accommodation
- Support and information to deal with any Landlord issues
Or we can refer or sign-post you to other agencies in the South Lakes who may be best placed to help you; they may even be able to meet you at Manna House if this feels more comfortable.
“Manna House gave me fantastic advice and such a warm welcome.” – a housing and benefits advice client